Friday, March 7, 2008

Notre Dame Law Professor Talks About Hagee and McCain

Rick Garnett is very fine Catholic Law Professor that teaches at Notre Dame. The Catholic Blog Vox Nova and Mirrors of Justice are very glad to have his input at their sites I am sure. I do enjoy reading his posts.

He had a post on Vox Nova that I wish to put myself in the amen corner on. That is McCain, Hagee, Obama, Farrakhan, etc.

I am getting pretty tired of the double standard on this. I went on forever about this when Huckabee spoke at Hagee's Church. It does not take too much research into Hagee to find out that people from Bush to former nominee's for the Dem VP , to leading Catholics have been associated with Hagee because of his stance on Israel.

I am tad wary of some Catholics that just don't like McCain using this as a issue. Yet many of these same Catholics I suspect did not say boo when conservative Catholic favorite Alan Keyes spoke at the mecca of anti Catholicism Bob Jones University.

I left this comment at Vox Nova (Note I have corrected my horrible spelling)

I have been out of town, but I totally agree with this post. Hagee’s odd views are bush league compared to the real anti Catholicism we see in the secular media.

For all the people that want to make a issue of this I think they then to come up with the rules. Catholics in the pro life movement associate and work with some raving anti Catholics. I guess I need to know if I should diassociate myself from them

I have stated this before but I am tad dismayed that we have gone from:
Anti Catholics not voting for Catholics

to

anti Catholics(inviting Catholics to their Churches and associating with Catholics in political matters )

to

NOW going" those people are off limits".

That last development is troublesome. In many of these churches the anti Catholic theology is truly a sideline and one finds more of the have nots than the haves. I am not sure it does Catholicism or the public good to make lepers out of fellow Americans.

This come to mind as relating to my earlier post on my grandfathers funeral. One cannot find more anti Catholic Theology than in the Adventist Church. I mean we are Whore of Satan in the last book according to them. However I would find it mind boggling that a politician would be expected to shun Adventists. I would not support that all. Just like I would not support shunning extreme Catholic Traditionalists that think the protestant religion is the anti Christ. Where does this end? Should Masons make a big deal about Catholic politicians because they belong to a Church that doesn't think too highly of the Lodge?

No comments: