Saturday, March 8, 2008

Mayor Nagin Is Talking Again!!!! Chocolate City is So Yesterday- Vagina is In!!!

Goodness. I do defend Mayor Nagin of New Orleans I know. This is partly because I am invested him after I sent a couple of hundred bucks for his re election and begged and pleaded with every Republican I knew to vote for him against Mitch Landrieu. However the Mayor seems to go through "phases". A couple of weeks ago I commented on this at Don't Mess with Ray Nagin- He will Cold Cock You!!!

It does seem that perhaps we should send the Mayor to Cancun or something for a week now. The News is a buzz with NAGIN: "I'M A VAGINA- FRIENDLY MAYOR" (Audio Available at the Link)

New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin says he is "a vagina-friendly Mayor."Nagin made the remark while welcoming the author of the Vagina Monlogues, Eve Ensler to the city to promote the "V-Day" celebration in New Orleans next month.

Scheduled to appear during 2 days of educational, cultural and entertainment events at the New Orleans Arena and Louisiana Superdome, are Oprah Winfrey, Jane Fonda, Glenn Close, Salma Hayek, Sally Field, Christina Lahti and Faith Hill .Ensler says they will celebrate V-Day's 10 years of ending violence in the world.

Mayor Nagin began his comments at the news conference by saying, "How am I gonna stand up and say, I'm a 'vagina-friendly' Mayor to these cameras after 'Chocolate City' and some of the other stuff that I've done. But you know what? I'm in.""She (Ensler) started describing the event, and you know what, I'm a guy and I've heard about the Vagina Monologues but I don't know what was going on. I didn't know anything about it and she started to describe this event - look, you know I've got a script and I'm not following it - and I was absolutely blown away at how awesome this work is. I mean, she is doing God's work. So, I stand before you, a vagina-friendly Mayor. I am in! And you know what? It is so appropriate right now. New Orleans, Louisiana is the birthplace of jazz, you know, but it is the birthplace of so many tremendous women."The event is a benefit. Ticket prices range from $25 to $1000.

Louisiana Expat (I am sure he counts himself blessed at times for the EXPAT part) Catholic Blogger Mighty Favog gives his outlook on the new and improved mayor of Vagina ville at NOLA's nattering nabob of noonies

No comments: