Monday, March 17, 2008

Luther Davis At Louisiana Tech- More Louisiana Tech Spring Practice News

Well while LSU is out on break Louisiana Tech Football practice has started up.

Many Louisiana football fans will remember the recruiting saga of Luther Davis out of West Monroe. He was going to LSU but then went to Bama and the clutches of the evil Nick Saban. A few days ago there was a report out of the Bama Papers:

Defensive end Luther Davis is out this spring because of what Saban called "personal reasons." It's not clear what those are. A decision has not been made regarding his status for the fall.

According to the Louisiana Tech sports board KNOE out of Monroe last night reported that Luther Davis was on the sidelines watching practice this past weekend. Hmmmmmm

BY the way this same sports board has some pics from the first practice here.

The Ruston Daily leader had an article yesterday on Spring Practice. Go see ’Dogs: Smooth first dayDooley pleased with execution, enthusiasm

3 comments:

William Eunice said...

Hey James they are talking about you on BB&B :)

Search for the thread Opinionated Catholic

James H said...

LOL, I almost am afraid too look. The Tech Board is one of the better sports board because they are actually proactive on things. Sort of the people that raise the needed hell to get things done. Also you will get news there before you will get it out of the local papers

However the Culture there is not exactly embracing of Tech fans that are also LSU fans(which is by design to try to culitivate Rivalry and the such) so instead of having that argument for the 1000th time I generally just observe

I will have to take a look tonight

Anonymous said...

I had the same LSU discussion years ago. I also had a long and very time consuming discussion on abortion as well on that forum. Since then I stick to the sports related talk because that is WHY I go there. Now with 4 kids I am relegated to pretty much lurking everywhere I go ...

I am not a huge LSU fan. I harbor no ill will against them and even root for them against SEC foes but I just don't get the fuzzies I had when I was a kid. Trust me LSU nation is thankful. LSU didnt start its winning ways until I stopped paying attention. My Tech fan formation occurred during the Rattay-Edwards years ... oh and those not so wonderful Jerry Lloyd years. Ugh. I graduated from there and that is where my heart lies.

GO DAWGS!!!