Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Holy Water Still Should Be In Church During Lent!!

I fibbed. One quick post before I hit the road to work and trying to meet my deadline today.

Holy Water or the lack thereof during Lent in some Churches is one of those tireseome controversies. I do think Pastors and those in charge where there is an absense of it know better. However Father Z has a good post here at Empty holy water fonts during Lent… GRRRRRR! that you can pass along to them if you encounter this situation. My favorite part in the response to this question from the Vatican in which he posts:

The "fast" and "abstinence" which the faithful embrace in this season does not extend to abstaining from the sacraments or sacramentals of the Church.

1 comment:

Paul Cat said...

AMEN! Preach on Brother.