Saturday, March 15, 2008

Excited About the New John Adams Series

The Anchoress has a very nice post on the new John Adams HBO series that is about to start. Go see McCullough’s John Adams on HBO.

John Adams is one of those founding Fathers that seems to always get to the short end of the stick in history as to coverage. I remembered I started to become a Adams groupie after watching the Musical 1776 on TV. I was enthralled with this dedicated and yes even flawed man.

I think we sometimes forget that politics was a rough and tumble business back then. Adams of course went up against his firend and many times political foe Thomas Jefferson many times. Of course Jefferson got the kudos and Adams was a tad overshadowed.

I am looking forward to this series

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read on adweek about how HBO promoted the show with USPS by creating a website enticing people to write more letters..HBO always has creative advertising ideas