Friday, March 7, 2008

Despite Rumors You Can go To Confession On Good Friday and Holy Saturday

As I am continuing to catch up on my blogs I have missed the last few days , Father Z as usual has a ton of posts that are good reading.

I very much liked this post Just to be clear, Confessions on Good Friday are NOT forbidden…. duh! . I am very glad this is cleared up. I keep hearing this nonsense and in fact have had live with that in some areas. When I heard that the Catholic Church said no confessions during these days I was flabbergasted. It made no sense to me. I mean there are some things that of course Catholics do not not do on these days. Like Catholic Funerals with a Mass and Weddings. But Confession? One of the most vital and in fact soul saving sacraments. It made no sense to me and at times I did wish to my avail myself of the Sacrament on these days.

I have a feeling that some people wish to propgate this myth so we would all go to the Communial Penace services perhaps

Other posts that caught my personal interest at his site are:

Commander of Swiss guard steps down in dispute with Card. Bertone over the Pope’s security ( I am going to see what the Italian papers are saying on this and post that if I find any)

Hearing confessions during Mass in Novus Ordo: yes… licit and recommended by the CDW

Austin, TX: TLM at the cathedral - nice article!

What’s up with choosing Hong Kong’s Joseph Card. Zen for the Good Friday Stations of the Cross?

Galileo statue in Vatican Gardens

No comments: