Monday, August 19, 2013

Shock Stat of the Day - 20 percent of North Americans Don' t Know any Christians



This is sort of jaw dropping .  ( note Mexico is not part of the sample ) . I am pretty shocked at the Muslim number but even more as to the " Chinese Folk " and Hindu numbers. My first thought was what do these people do for a living.

It does appear the Christian community continues to have challenges with people with backgrounds from Eastern Religions. Though I had no idea that the situation was so stark on just the social level.

It would have been interesting to see this broken down on a educational level . Most of my contact in north Louisiana  with Hindus and Muslims in fact came while at college. A place where College Ministry might need to take another look.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree with you. Where do these people live? Where do they get groceries? Did they understand the question?

Anonymous said...

I never tell the truth on a survey, and if you are gullible enough to believe any statistics on any survey, then you get the misleading that you deserve. Obviously there are such a wide variety of people who call themselves "christian", "jewish", or "muslim" that it could range from atheists who consider it their ethnic group, to complete fundamental whackjobs who consider it their duty to murder everyone who is not their particular brand of "christian", "jew", or "muslim". The terms are almost meaningless, but it is inconceivable that a person who lives in North America doesn't know plenty of people who claim to be one, but if some surveyer asked me such a foolish question, I would give him an equally foolish answer.

James H said...

I have to admit I agree with u both. I mean there is no way these people in such high numbers are that segregated off

Anonymous said...

I you live in certain areas it could be possible