Saturday, August 16, 2008

Obama's Weird Answer Regarding Justice Clarence Thomas

First two bad such a interesting political forum that was at Saddleback Church was on the night of the Olympics. On the positive side thank goodness it occurred during the coverage of a 26 mile marathon that is not exactly exciting and riveting TV. SO I expect a lot of folks were like me perhaps going back and forth and perhaps spending more time on the forum than they expected.

I thought both Obama and McCain did well tonight. However McCain really SHINED. I say that , even though a McCain supporter, I am pretty critical and looking for every miscue because I fear my imminent doom and gloom for the person I am supporting.

McCain came off relaxed in control and experienced.

I thought Obama was very weak on Abortion

However Obama's answer in which involved Justices Scalia and Clarence Thomas was bad on several levels.

First I do not like when Politicians attack Supreme Court Justices either liberal or conservative. I don't think it takes much of a man to attack someone in a public forum to attack someone that can't in most cases respond. That is just me.

I did not generally like the tone of Obama response. However forget that. Obama basically said that he did not think Thomas was not a good choice because he did not have the legal mind or experience at that time!!! Good grief I think he would like to take that answer back for obvious reasons.

As John Podhoretz pointed out here in the part I am bolding:

I don’t know how to say this more clearly: If John McCain can perform during the three debates the way he is performing tonight with Rick Warren, he will win this election. The contrast between him and Barack Obama (who answered the same questions an hour before him) has really been quite startling. In every case, McCain has answered substantively, directly, and with a surpassing command of detail. Obama talked around most issues; perhaps most oddly, he said Clarence Thomas was the one Supreme Court justice he would not have selected because he hadn’t had enough experience (Thomas had been on the federal bench for a year and a half before he was nominated, which is about as long as Obama was in the Senate before he began seriously considering a run for the presidency). Once again, as was true in his debates with Hillary Clinton, Obama has a problem when matters get down to specifics and his rival is better prepared and more comfortable with them than he is.

Indeed!!!

Update-

I think this Clarence Thomas might be bigger than I thought. It seems to be of some buzz. This is a minefield for Obama in many ways. Hot Air has the clip and thoughts at Nuance: Obama almost says Clarence Thomas didn’t have enough experience to serve

OH and maybe I never noticed this but Good Gosh does Obama have big EARS :)

No comments: