Saturday, August 2, 2008

McCain's backers don't have much enthusiasm for their guy!!! - Is This True?

Rod had a post over Crunchy Con called Why is this presidential race tied? where he states among other things "McCain's backers don't have much enthusiasm for their guy.". Now that is a observation I hear a lot. But is it true? In a comment I left there I stated:

Hmm is that true? I mean if Mitt Romney had won would his echo chamber of blogs that tried to convince us that every one liked him be saying how the conservative base just loved Romney!!

For a campaign (McCain) that was dead this time last year and when McCain was pronounced a loser by all us experts it seems he must have been well liked because his supporters stayed with him.

Romney liked had 4000 ads to McCains 100 a few days before the Florida Primary and McCain won but no one really likes McCain?

I just wondering if perhaps we parrot this line because places like the National Review say it and it must be true and all the blogs WE like to read say it and so everyone must agree with us.

The net, talk radio , and cable news is wonderful but deceptive at times.

Political folks in the weeds if they are not discerning right can be very much like Child Molestors. Child Molestors get on the net and meet like minded people. Soon there is illusion "well my gosh I am on a forum and look at all these people who agree with me and say this is normal. There must be millions like this and the problem is not me or my views or feelings at all!!! "

I supported Huckabee and it is true among hardcore Huckabee supporters they rather have Huck!!. However is the average Huckabee supporters or the person that liked Romney really going "Gosh I really don't like McCain"?

No comments: