Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Latin Rite Catholics Should Really PRAY and WORSHIP in Eastern Catholic Churches


I thought Amy Wellborn had a nice post here at Wisdom! Be Attentive!

She starts out
I’m going to do that thing again - that thing of encouraging you Latin-Rite Catholics out there to dip your toe into the Eastern Catholic waters.
Not as a tourist, not as an observer at a zoo, but as a Catholic with other Catholics, worshipping God in ancient rites. Yes, it is confusing - even with a book in hand, you are not quite sure where everyone is all the time - but that is part of the fruit, I think. A letting go, a deepening of a sense that something is going on here, something vital and awe-some, even if I cannot fully follow along. For that is what life is. I may want to control it or feel as if I fully, intellectually understand the why’s and what’s of the events in my life and, most importantly, where God is in every iota of it but that’s really too bad, isn’t it?


Wonderful read

No comments: