Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Not Sure How Naming Every Gun owner In New York City Helps Gun Control Efforts

In fact if you are one of these that think every Firearm owner needs to to file his ownership per Federal Law is this not a bad thing to do. Well they did it at  Via Gawker  Here Is a List of All the Assholes Handsome Law-Abiding Citizens Who Own Guns Some People in New York City

Some folks are not please as we see from this comment :

The journal posted my address and name for my gun ownership. My past stalker saw this. I haven't heard from him in two years, because I disappeared. Now he is back and calling me......thanks to people like you bunch of assholes, looks like I will have to protect myself from becoming a murder victim. Gracias.

The Right to Privacy as a legal matter and where it is exactly found in our founding document if at all is of some controversy. However there is no doubt that many Americans across the political spectrum think their castle is their home and keep your nose out !! In other words this is not that far from the argument what two consenting adults do in their home as to sex or birth control etc  is their own business argument.

Getting to back to gun registration it seems to me such actions such as this has a tendency to even turn people friendly toward some  gun control measures against it. Now since I have have a critical eye toward most gun control legislation and think the burden is on the proponents that's good news for me. Still for those that think gun control measures are needed this seems like a weird battle plan that you want to people to register guns so you then can attempt to publicly shame them. I am not sure that is going to go over well.

No comments: