Thursday, August 16, 2012

Paul Ryan 's Catholic Bishop Comes To His Defense



Speaking to the Catholic National Register Bishop Morlino of Madison Wisconsin said :


“I know him very well. He is in regular communication with his bishop.

“I am defending his reputation because I am the one who, as his diocesan bishop, should have something to say about this, if anyone does,” Bishop Morlino told the Register during an Aug. 15 telephone interview.

“Since others have, I believe, unfairly attacked his reputation, I have to look out for his good name. That is Church law. If someone disagrees with Paul, he is free to do that. But not on the basis of reputation destruction, really calumny,” he added.

More at the link.

The Bishop has more extensive thoughts both on Pual Ryan, Catholic politicos in the public square, and Catholic Social Justice applications to this election at at his  own column Subsidiarity, solidarity, and the lay mission











No comments: