Wednesday, June 13, 2012

I survived the Big North Louisiana Storm of 2012



I survived , and thankfully no one was hurt ,  the big June Storm of 2012 that hit Claiborne Parish. I have to admit I was a tad concerned when the tornado sirens went off and I could hear  trees crashing at 5 A.M. Then somehow I fell back to sleep.In retrospect that was perhaps not a wise move , and I should I moved to a more safe locations ( I was tired).

Power is slowly coming back on , and through the kindness of  a friend with a generator stayed with her last night. I learned a good bit about generators!! Hopefully power will be on my house later today or tomorrow.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't think I realized you were in Claiborne Parish.

I used to have family on Lake Claiborne.

Glad you made it in one piece!

Jim said...

Glad you're okay! My son-in-law's brother has a place on Lake Claiborne that had some damage from uprooted tree.

James H said...

Lake Claiborne got hit pretty hard

Andy said...

"Then somehow I fell back to sleep."

Happens to me every time. I wake up after thunder booms close by, my weather radio is blaring and my dogs are freaking out. I somehow still manage to get back to snoring within 10 seconds.

bill bannon said...

You need to dig a tornado cellar if you do not have a basement. Bob Dylan when very young had a song about people thinking they alone would be passed by ...by the bombs of WWIII. At the end, his psychiatrist has the same dream...and then everyone does:

"Well, now time passed and now it seems
Everybody's having them dreams
Everybody sees themselves walkin' around with no one else"

James H said...

I actually been thinking about building a cellar