Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Governor Palin Should Have Ignored Barbara Bush Comment

Under the headline Palin fires back against Barbara Bush

When recently asked whether Palin would make a good presidential candidate, Bush told Larry King, "I think she's happy in Alaska, and I hope she stays there."

Palin issued her response Wednesday on The Laura Ingraham Show.

"I don't want to concede that we have to get used to this kind of thing, because I think the majority of Americans don't want to put up with the blue-bloods," she replied. "And I say it with all due respect because I love the Bushes. But the blue bloods...want to pick and choose their winners instead of allowing competition to pick and choose the winners."


Palin, who has not announced whether she plans to run for president in 2012, adds that people do not understand that competition is good and it helps the cause.

Sigh!!! When Palin does things like this I truly wonder how thin skinned she is . She is like the anti George W Bush in that department

Governor Palin should have ignored the Barbara Bush comment. It is a losing battle to go to war against an 80 year lady (and respected former First Lady) who had aortic valve replacement surgery recently. A nice rule of politics is old people "Blueblood" or "Redneck" at a certain age get pass for comments they make.

I can recall a pretty funny moment with John McCain and his mother. They were both sitting besides each other being interviewed by Chris Matthews and his mom out of the blue went on some wild rant about Mormons. Senator McCain turned like 5 shades of red. Later, Governor Romney laughed it off and basically said she was at the age she could say anything she wanted. That was the right thing to do.

It is pretty inconceivable to me that if Betty Ford had made a comment about George W Bush years back he or Laura would have responded.

Also what is with all this pitchforks against the Blue blood stuff anyway. If you are going to do it I don't think trying to frame that around poor old George H Bush and FAM who looks like he can barely walk around is the way to do it.

I mean does anyone think the "Blue blood" Bushes down in Houston are spending their time like Oz behind the curtain moving chess pieces to determine who will be the GOP nominee?

Yeah so Barbara Bush is not a Palin fan. Governor Palin should have said "No comment" or " I respect the Bushes and they are their own people " and left it at that.

This might seem like a small thing but it gives me concern if she has thick skin needed for running for the GOP nomination.


1 comment:

Search Engine Marketing said...

Wishing you all the best. Just dropping in to let you know you have an interesting site. I hope you’ll continue to work on it.