Wednesday, May 19, 2010

So Arlen Specter Got Defeated

NRO has a article up on this here.

I was never a Specter hater. I saw that he served his purpose. Needless to say he was essential in getting Thomas on the Court and was helpful on other matters. We (the GOP) got use out of his bulldog habits at times. That at times is forgotten. Specter has been there a long time.

Plus I thought it was cool he was one of head Lawyers on the Warren Commission( THE MAGIC BULLET!!!! theory I think was his baby).

However he got what he deserved. There is my view a big difference between what Joe Lieberman did and what Specter did here. Lieberman actions were against the greater backdrop of the IRAQ war and a position that was heartfelt. To him I credit intentions of National Security.

Specter? He just wanted to get reelected. He made a misjudgment to say the least. I think that is why he got defeated last night. People could not handle such a cynical move.

No comments: