Thursday, May 21, 2009

Obama Says Gitmo was A Mess (Twice)

The President just gave his speech on this issue. I think again it was entirely too partisan. It was very well aimed at a Democrat audience. Now doing those kind of speeches is not bad at times. You have to do that at times. Though I think it is sort of inappropriate to do such a thing at the National Archives.

However the Obama Administration can not have it both ways.

In February Obama's Attorney General went down to Gitmo.

He said he did not witness any rough treatment of detainees, and in fact found the military staff and leadership performing admirably.
"I did not witness any mistreatment of prisoners. I think, to the contrary, what I saw was a very conscious attempt by these guards to conduct themselves in an appropriate way," he said.

No comments: