Monday, March 30, 2009

How to Solve Episcopal Church Falling Numbers ?-Cook the Books!!!

I do did to on occasion to remind people I am not anti Episcopal. I am in fact very much concerned this faith is going off the rails. I also point out this things because in some Catholics views if were more just like the more liberal version of the Episcopal Church we would be going gangbusters. The fact that the numbers of that faith community are declining at a horrific rate enters no one's mind that makes this argument

Anyway a Anglican from Baton Rouge has discovered a resolution that will "correct this problem. Red Stick Rant has it at I'm SO Going To Episco-Hell. (Wherever That Is...)


When I was at Louisiana Tech about 10 of us Catholics each week would go to Canterbury for the service (we did not take communion) and the dinner afterwards. The people there were so nice and loved us and we loved them.

However I don't think it would ever enter their mind as counting us as Episcopals on their parish books

2 comments:

Thomas Kennedy said...

I've found it is very difficult to get off the parish books in the Episcopal. I've asked several times and nothing has been done, to my knowledge. When I am Confirmed in two weeks I may ask again. I don't want to count as one of their stats anymore. Every little thing helps TEC see what their move toward oblivion is causing to happen.

James H said...

Good point. I never thought of that as to converts. It si best to get a good picture