Monday, December 22, 2008

Cute Picture of Catholic Minor Seminarians

(Click on pic for full pic)

Ahh get them young!!! Precious !!!! Minor Seminaries are quite rare at least here in the United States. I guess it is a matter of debate if the absence now on the scene is a good or bad thing. I think the good has been a tad overlooked in the modern age.

However in the not far too distant past there were many I think. For Louisiana readers I think the Maryhill Retreat Center in Alexandria (really Pineville) was one and in fact the famous Bishop Greco went there.

I suspect this picture is from Europe. A question for older readers was this the type of dress for minor seminarians here in the USA?

Tip of the hat to a very good blog Dymphna's Road ( I am adding to the links) and her entry The seminarians for the pic

1 comment:

Dymphna said...

Why thank you. I like your blog quite a lot.