Saturday, September 6, 2008

Why Does McCain Keep saying " My Friends" So Much?

I have see a lot of John McCain since spring of 2007. As everyone knows he uses the term "My Friends" a good bit

Since Spring of 2007 I have gone from
(1) Why is he saying that
(2) This is annoying
(3) This is real annoying
(4) To resignation he will just keep on saying it
(5) To tuning it out
to now
(6) Finding it quite endearing

It took me about a year to get to the endearing stage. I am Fearful though that people that are just getting to know McCain will go through all these stages in the 60 days till election day to reach my endearing stage.

Anyway , I thought Slate had a interesting article on this at MF'er Why McCain can't stop saying "my friends."

2 comments:

Carlos Echevarria said...

Very interesting article in Slate; O'Reilly had noted it a couple of weeks back, his use of that term, right after the Saddleback Summit.

BTW, another Fox "moment" for me, today Brain Wilson cues into the Colorado McCain event (which I was seeing via a local Colorado channel online) and then says that they are going to cover the basic parts of the speech because they want to be fair and balanced to Obama????

They get halfway through Mac's speech, after 2 commercial interuptions, and then they cut out for good...

They are not even being subtle, what a joke!

James H said...

It was a cool article I did not knwo that history

Oh yes it is annoying. Also is it me or does FOX interrupt with COmmercials in the middle of speeches far more than CNN