Sunday, December 23, 2007

Sad Louisiana Catholic Blogger News


Remember and Pray For Thomas Charles Danna

Toby Danna ,who was the Louisiana Catholic blogger at Astonished, Yet at Home! , Father passed away on Friday. Toby who over the past few months has cared for his father partly shut down his blog because his dad needed him. He sent out a very touching email that I have just received and it appears his father had what I guess could be called a "good death" and was able to tell the people around him how much he loved him. He give details about the arrangements.

My father, Thomas Charles Danna, passed away at 1:45 pm Friday. We will be having the wake Wednesday, December 26 from 5 - 9 pm at Rabenhorst Funeral Home at 825 Government Street in Baton Rouge, with a rosary and chaplet of divine mercy at 8 pm. Visitation on Thursday will be from 9am to noon when the memorial service will begin. Father Chris Decker will celebrate the rite of Christian burial.

Though I will not be able to attend I will post a reminder of this. I also hope that all that if Catholic will recite the rosary and chaplet of Divine mercy for his dad this week.If you are not Catholic pray in your own tradition as it dicates in times like this..

I was very struck my Tobais posts on his fathers last months. I felt very priviledged that he shared that with us. His post reminded me of a series of blog post that The Anchoress did on the death of her beloved Brother In Law From Aids. That series of post are here at My brother S . If you read them it is best to start from the first post date wise and move up to the last one. There are at times in blog land that posts make a difference to me. Those series of posts did to me. THe fear of death was greatly taken away from me after I read those entries and saw that journey.

Was her brother's a "good death" as the Anchoress describes it in all its gut wrenching details. I have pondered that and when in some ways I compare it to others, such as the recent pipeline explosion that killed two or the tragic murder of the two LSU students, I have to say yes. I often pray that the Lord give me the time to prepare to meet him when it comes. I am glad in some ways that Tobias and his Dad had that grace even though it was surely painful on a pure physical and mental level.

Anyway those are my thoughts. God Bless You Toby and God Bless your dad as we keep him in our prayers.

No comments: