Thursday, December 20, 2007

A LSU Football Player Reaches Out to Child In Need

I was so struck my this it brought tears to my eyes.

There is a little boy named Michael V. Conger. Michael is in St. Jude's hospital battling cancer. Three days ago he received this blog on his web site.

SUNDAY, DECEMBER 16, 2007 10:19 PM, CST Hey Michael, I recently saw your story and wanted to have the honor to write in your guest book. My name is Ciron Black. I am the left tackle for the LSU tigers football team, im also number 70 and I saw you wearing that jersey number, that's a great number by the way:). You know some people see us as heroes because of how we play but the truth is people like yourself are the real heroes. I see all the small problems I face are nothing compared to the hardships that you may go through. God has a plain for all of us and for some reason he put it on my heart to write you tonight...if it is at all possible I would love to talk to you. My number is #%$^%^&$#% anytime day or night if you need someone to talk to. Hang in there buddy and just know that anything is possible through Christ. Your Friend, Ciron Black
P.S. I would love to write your name on my wrist tape as I get ready to take the field on Jan. 7th for the national championship. Let me know if that is ok

Later the kid's mom posted a entry
From Mike Conger's St. Jude's journal, posted by his mom on Tues. Dec. 18 (two days after Ciron's guestbook post):
"Mark and the kids were treated to a personal meeting tonight with Mr. Ciron Black, Offensive Tackle for our LSU Tigers. He signed Mikey’s site a few days ago and sent Mikey some very special keepsakes. This young man took time out his busy schedule to encourage our Mikey to continue his fight. He sounds like an amazing young man and I look forward to meeting him and thanking him for making such a special gesture in one little boys’ life. "

I have located the original entry here. (currently it is on page 5)

GO visit this brave kid's web wite!!!!

Ciron Black by the way went ot the same School as QB Matt Flynn. That is Robert E Lee in Tyler Texas. Here is is player bio with pic.

No comments: