Friday, December 21, 2007

Is Huckabee Anti Catholic?

THere is going to be some posts on this today. I have some readers that don't give a darn about Presidential Politics so I am going to put a few non Huckabee post up first. There is a slight controversy brewing that I largely think is a faux one as to Huckabee and Catholics. I saw this coming yesterday and I was too fixated on the Navy/Utah game last night to write a post on it. Anyway that is coming.

Before I post that I have a offer. Arkansas has a significant Catholic minority. Epsecially in the Northern part. If anyone can show me that MIke Huckabee did not reach out to Catholics, include them in Government, or showed any signs of anti Catholicism during his tenure as Lt Governor and two terms as GOvernor I shall withdraw my support from Huckabee today!!!! I suspect you can't find any because I know his record shows the OPPOSITE!!!! But go ahead. I am listening!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't think Huckabee is truly someone who is personally anti-Catholic, but he has most certainly associated himself with an anti-Catholic bigot. And this is where I get off the Huckabee bus, so to speak. I am a Roman Catholic, anyone who poo-poo's this appearance with known anti-Catholic bigot Hagee is simply more loyal to Huckabee the Candidate than the Catholic Church itself. There are hundreds and hundreds of churches and mega-churches which are not anti-Catholic that Gov. Huckabee could have attended that do not have such animus for Catholics. If Huckabee had any scuples, he would never have visited a church that was laced with the venom of Hagee's towards Catholics.

There is just no way around this, folks. Credible Presidential candidates should not associate with known bigots, be they religious or secular. Hagee is an anti-Catholic bigot, plain and simple. It's one thing to have theological disagreements amongst denominations, but quite another to dignify a pastor who goes far beyond the pale with his rhetoric against Catholics. You are free to associate and vote for whom you choose, but my Catholic brethren (all of whom remain faithful to the Magisterial teachings of the Church) will find out about this, and we shall support another candidate. Any way you slice this, this crossed the line.