Saturday, December 22, 2007

Huckabee Supporters Need To Thank Bryon York

If you have looked at my last few Huckabee posts it seems I am in a snit over the National Review and National Review Online. Well I am a tad. However I do think that Huckabee supporters should write a email to Bryon York and thank him for being fair. Telling people you appreciate their efforts in being even handed is just as important as the complaints. His email is byork@nationalreview.com. As I mentioned before he seems to be the only one interested in why the Club for Growth seems to have it out for Huckabee. Today he did good work in correctly a misleading Drudge report headline.

Yesterday Huckabee and his supporters had to endure the wildest attack by Rush. The whole episode started on some blurb quoting some unknown person that likes Huckabee in DC. Rush for some reason did not call the Huckabee campaign before he went on his tear. IT was the buzz of the net last night. The ONLY place where I got some facts to refute that was from a blurb he did yesterday located here. I will reproduce that:
The Huckabee Campaign on Rush [Byron York]
I just talked to Huckabee campaign manager Chip Saltsman, who describes himself as a "huge fan" of Rush Limbaugh. Saltsman told me he "doesn't have a clue" who the Washington-based Huckabee ally quoted by the Atlantic is. "Unfortunately, anybody who gets the ear of a reporter can say they're a Huckabee ally, but that's not the view of the campaign," Saltsman told me. "We're big fans of Rush Limbaugh and have been for years, and I can tell you that's not what we think at the Huckabee campaign in Little Rock. We have nothing but respect for Rush Limbaugh and know that he's a big part of the conservative movement in this country. That's one person's opinion in DC, but it doesn't represent the view of the Huckabee campaign. I can only hope we'll get a chance to talk to Rush and make sure that he knows that's not coming from us."
12/21 01:49 PM

Now I am not saying that Mr York is a big Huckabee fan!!! However I find it refreshing that perhaps he is just trying to be objective to everyone. The Corner Blog is read by a lot of folks so I hope Huckabee supporters take a tiny 2 minutes and thank him for trying to get facts out.

No comments: