Sunday, December 23, 2007

Dreher Slams Faux Huckabee Catholic "Controversy"

Rod at Crunchycon has the best post so far on this Faux Huckabee Catholic Controversy. What would you expect from an LSU Grad( Geaux Tigers). Anyway go see Huck contra Catholics. This is a great followup to another post of his I linked. That is Huck, Hagee and tolerance. Of significance is that he brings up that far right Catholic idol , Alan Keyes, appeared at Bob Jones and has a excerpt of his talk.

If you are a non Catholic or Catholic Huck supporter, I would be posting and linking this to major Catholic sites if this issue comes up. Rod was a Protestant that became Catholic and now is Eastern Orthodox. However his relationship and insight is still very respected by a lot of Catholics.

This shall be the last post I shall do on this subject unless there is attempt by certain folks to give this faux controversy legs. Looking at the early papers it looks PERHAPS that most media is not buying. SO we shall see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You might be an "opinionated" catholic, but you sure don't seem to care that Huckabee stands with a man who spews anti-Catholic "facts." Don't let politics betray your own religion.

James H said...

I have never let politics betray my own religion. In fact at times I have had taken some unpopular stands over it.

If I am betraying it I don't see it. I have been pretty up front the last few days about how Hagee theology is false.I guess I have found that over the years that coming together instead of making pariahs out fellow Christians has worked more than exclusion on all fronts. As I mentioned before with this standard we would not got very far back in the 70 and 80's on many pro-life fronts. YEt because we often worked together despite many more Hagee's back then anti Catholcism has gone down. We also never compromised anything.

THe politics of exclusion in Christianity is a two way street. ALready too many people want to exclude all of us from the public square. I care about his views. I fight and debate those views. We very well could be next. Interaction has done a good job of making sure Evanglical misconceptions and Catholic misconceptions have decreased. I do not intend to see us go down a path that could a reversal of that