Saturday, November 10, 2007

LSU VS Louisiana Tech - Geaux Dawgs

Yes I have become apostate in some bloggers eyes for rooting for Louisiana Tech against LSU. Just remember this!!! Never trust your daughter with a boy that roots against his undergrad school :).

In reality Louisiana Tech does not have too much of a chance of beating LSU today. What I am hoping to see from Louisiana Tech is a good game that earns them some respect from LSU fans and others. Perhaps when they meet again in three years with a full stable of Dooley recruit that might be different. LSU is the number 2 team for a reason. Also sadly for Tech, LSU did not sort of take the week off. The LSU team got a verbal tounge lashing from the fans, the media, and the coaches for the INCREDIBLE amount of penalties they got against Bama last week. LSU dominated Bama in every aspect of the game. But the yellow flags that reproduced like rabbits against LSU really took the luster off that win. Therefore I am expecting a very focused LSU team.

LSU fans , of which I am one, often give the most unrealistic predictions. A year ago about this time LSU played WAC conference team Fresno State and I was was hearing the same silliness of beating them by 60 points.

I am slept late this morning. I was far more absorbed in High School Playoff action in Louisiana than I thought I would be. Up late getting scores and filling in my brackets. So I shall around Lunch post a Louisiana Tech/LSU post with a look at Tech and news about both teams.

BY THE WAY MY HOMER PELICANS BEAT THE EVIL CATHOLICS OF HOLY SAVIOR MENARD 52-22. ).

In sad news the GOOD Catholics of Loyola Prep of Shreveport got beat by the Sly Crafty EVIL CATHOLICS of St John's in Plaquemine 46 to 44. I do so like the Loyola Flyers and this sounds like a heartbreaking loss. It appears that St John's came from behind late to win it. Losing in the first round sucks and I bet that bus ride home was tough for them Loyola is in the same District, like Homer is, with Louisiana powerhouses Evangel and Calvary Baptist. SO I hated to see that.

In a nice surprise little ole Class A Arcadia, right down the road from me, beat Central Catholic from Baton Rouge. GO HORNETS.

There appears looking at the Louisiana High School First Round playoffs to not have been many upsets. The only big upset I am seeing state wide is that Westgate upset the No. 5 seed (Sulphur) . Next weeks games looking at my brackets are looking very interesting and I might post do a post on the games that catch my eye for this upcoming Friday

2 comments:

Michael D. said...

I will be at the game tonight in the midst of a purple and gold student section. If I see any of your fellow LA Tech Bulldogs, I will think of you as I treat them with LSU hospitality ie yelling "TIGER BAIT!" as loud as possible into their ears.

I do agree with you that LSU winning by 60 points is ridiculous. I mean, only 60? We should have 60 in the first half ;)

As a peace offering, I made this post especially for you:

http://forthegreaterglory.blogspot.com/2007/11/for-opinionated-catholic-as-he-roots.html

James H said...

LOl I responded