Monday, November 26, 2007

Louisiana Catholic Blogger Update for Nov 26th

Sorry for getting the update out late. Here we go.

Yesterday was the Feast of Christ the King. Catholic Tube has some good vids up as to that. Go see Imitating Christ the King and Christ the King. Also see the vid he has today that is as he states " ‘Beyond Belief’ segment from ‘Hannity’s America’ looks at the many myths and legends surrounding the Holy Grail, from it’s association as the cup of Jesus Christ used at the Last Supper, to the medieval Arthurian romances, and the most recent debate originating from ‘The DaVinci Code.’ Fox News contributor and religion analyst Father Jonathan Morris also offers insight on this mysterious, mystical relic".

Full Circle has a few post up since I last checked in. I have not checked the Catholic Blogs since I left to go to Baton Rouge By the way. He has this one called Reprogramming method of stem cells a step in the right direction which is quite interesting. He also has a post that I shall spend some time on later. That is Ron Paul talk ... or why not Rudy part II . I am going to have to talk about Ron Paul and my real objections to him later. If I get a chance tonight I shall engage it later. I will say that anyone that wishes to support Alan Keyes (R): 70 (not on the ballot in all states) needs to email me before you make a tragic mistake :). On another Ron Paul note he has a post dealing called Subsidiarity. I am a big supporter of that concept and No Child Left Behind. I am hoping he does another post on that because I am not sure that the two are contrary to each other.

Arrival : The Parousian Weblog has two post since I last checked in. That is T.S. Eliot and Community: Part III of III and a thought provoking post here at The Truth about Security and the Security of Truth

Alive and Young has a a fun post up with a unique "ad" that promotes a youth retreat at God's Gym .

I am working down the blog list and I am shocked and sadden. That is Astonished Yet at Home has given us his Farewell . I hope he reconsiders. He is one of the best Catholic bloggers in Louisiana. Anyway I shall try to convince him just to go into hibernation for a short period and not totally pull the plug on his blog.

A Number of Things has a post up called Sweet Inspiration.

Thoughts & Ruminations from Fr. Ryan has a post up on how the "Latin Mass" is catching on with young people under today's entry.

Fr. Victor Brown’s Catholic Daily Message has his daily meditation up at Feast of Saint Conrad (26 Nov 2007).

Cajun Cottage Under the Oaks has a series of posts that really put me into the mood of the season. GO see Cinnamon Toast and Eggnog?, The Joy of Preparing, and Seasonal Blessings.

From The Recamier had her daily update yesterday. So see it here. Besides talking about the Feast of Christ the King she hits again a lot of history. I find this interesting:
In 1864 during the American Civil War, a group of Confederate operatives calling themselves the Confederate Army of Manhattan started fires in more than 20 locations, including P. T. Barnum’s Museum, in an unsuccessful attempt to burn down New York City. (The objective was to overwhelm the city’s firefighting resources by distributing the fires around the city. Most of the fires either failed to start or were contained quickly.)
I am aware of this. In fact I think one of the chief plotters was from the Parish in Louisiana where I live. I will have to check this out tomorrow at the library. I think there was a book written about him.

The Brown Pelican Society has a ton of posts and links as usual. Go see:
Do We Want Politicians or Preachers?
Marriage Reform Proposed to Lower Divorce Rate by Half
United Nations Admits to Having Exaggerated Statistics About AIDS in the World
Pope Asks New Cardinals to Pray for Peace and Unity
New Group Hopes to Return 'Moral Coherence' to Conservative Movement
The Mexico City Policy: Protecting the Most Fundamental Right
Huckabee, the False Conservative (I shall find something to respond to this later. It is pretty much ole Club for Growth false attacks. Sadly Mr Novak is spouting them.
Stem Cell Breakthrough Advances Science Without “Ethical Landmines,” Says Cardinal Justin Rigali
Mike Huckabee Says He's The Strongest Republican on Abortion Issues
Mitt Romney Open to Putting Abortion Practitioners in Prison After Ban
TODAY'S GOSPEL & MEDITATION - How God Measures
TODAY'S SAINT - St. Catherine of Alexandria (c. 310)

No comments: