Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Louisiana Catholic Blogger Roundup For Nov 14th.


LOUISIANA BROWN PELICAN IN FLIGHT
I think It is great to start out with Fr. Victor Brown’s Catholic Daily Message. He talks about the Saint of the day(actually yesterday at the time of this posting) at his daily message . Go see Feast of Saint Frances Xavier Cabrini (13 Nov 2007). He really ties New Orleans into it. He also talks about Bishop Greco which we North Louisiana Catholics know so well. He really made the Church into a vibrant force up here in "Protestant Land". There is a St Francis Cabrini connection!!!! to Greco. A HUGE ONE.

Thoughts and Ruminations from Fr. Ryan has a beautiful photo and is showing his sense of humor under his Nov entry.

Cajun Cottage Under the Oaks has a nice post at Friendships are made Online.

Alive and Young has two good posts up. Check out John Chrysostom on Marriage and Some Toilet Humor/News

Astonished, Yet at Home! has some good post up that every needs to read. First he is reminding me that I have not responded to a post of his at A Challenge to Opinionated Catholic . Let me say I have not forgot. I was planning on doing it on Friday and goodness it is now Wednesday. I am keeping a list now of "post I said I would do!!". I will respond tonight or tomorrow. I was going to do it yesterday but it looked liked Tobias was going to be away from the computer for the day. . As to the Ron Paul post that ONE IS COMING.
Moving on. Please go see his post Quick Prayer Request . There are need for prayers there. He has a post here at More on Whores and Kept Women of the Pro-Life Movement . That is referencing the National Right to Life endorsement of Fred Thompson. I am withholding some further comment on this till I can do some research on the people that voted. I have no problem with them eventually supporting Fred if he is the nominee. I DO HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THEM DOING IT WHILE THERE IS STILL A RACE ON BETWEEN VIABLE PRO-LIFERS.
Moving again on the rest of his posts. Go see Blessed Franz Jägerstätter, Anti-War Martyr . I am rushing through this update but this is important. I plan to read this after I hit the "submit" button. Go see More on Planned Parenthood's Attacks on Royal Alexander and Stop Big Abortion! Vote for Royal Alexander! . I might do a separate post on this when I get up to speed on what s happening.

Arrival : The Parousian Weblog has The Wounding Beauty: An Unexpected Truth (Part 2) . Part I was very good.

From The Recamier has her daily post up which is as great as ever. Lot of stuff we should know. all without the tortured grammar you find on my blog. She starts out also with Saint Frances Xavier Cabrini, Virgin (died 1917). By the way we learn this was a bad day to be Danish.
Catholic Tube has a vid up. Check out his latest on which is a talk about the fact that we choose our spouse, and has some some advice from the Road to Cana DVD series.

We end with the always busy Brown Pelican Society. His posts and links are:
Touting YouTube's Catholic Potential, Raising Awareness of Life Issues
VIDEO: "THE HUMAN RACE"
PRO-LIFE VIDEO: "THE BABY IN THE BOX"
Help Arrives for Homeless Mom and Her Newborn Triplets
UNBORN TO BE DEFINED AS 'PERSONS'?
U.S. Bishops Elect Cardinal Francis George as President as Expected
New Conference of Catholic Bishops President Criticized for Slow Action
Moral Principles for Catholic Voters
NRLC Thompson Endorsement Splits Social Conservatives Even More
International Medical Conference Exposes Serious Consequences of Abortion
In Drought, Governor's Faith Precipitates Change
Netscape: The Fastest Way to E-scape Marriage in Florida
Virginia Gov. Tim Kaine (D) Creates Virtual Monopoly for Planned Parenthood
Can We Thank Comprehensive Sex Ed for This? U. S. Setting Record Highs as Cases of STD's - Chlamydia, Syphilis, Gonorrhea Increase
Abuse Study Expected to Reveal Insights About Societal Effects
Catholic League Takes Scholastic to Task for its Co-Production of Atheist Movie.......
TODAY'S GOSPEL & MEDITATION - The Highest of All Prayers
TODAY'S SAINT - St. Gertrude (1256?-1302)

No comments: