Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Top Ten Things to do for a Catholic Halloween(It's Ok To Have Fun)

I am always amazed by this "Can Christians Celebrate Halloween" talk we have each year.. I grew up in a very fundamentalist area of the rural South. Even here no one had a big problem with Halloween. In fact it was much much bigger then than it is now for kids. Oh and we did not go for "nice costumes". They were pretty ghoulish. I remember I went as the guy from Texas Chainsaw massacre once. I even had a chainsaw(with no chain). No one batted a eye.

The Canterbury Tales has a excellent post Top Ten Things to do for a Catholic Halloween. I think he is right on. The thing to remember is that there is a important Holy Day the next day. He hits on that too.

The best show I am ever seen on how Southerners feel about Halloween was a great episode of the cartoon classic King of the Hill regarding this silliness. Hopefully it will be played before this fin Holiday.

No comments: