Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Celebrating All Saints and All Souls Day at Home



I love All Saints and All Souls day. To me they are some of the most important days on the Catholic calender. I shall be devoting some of my Catholic posts the next few days to this subject. As for many Catholic holidays the American Catholic culture has left an opportunity slip here to some degree. There are traditions involving these two Holy days that are great opportunities for promoting the Faith, Catholic ID, oh and helping the Souls in purgatory.. Also for kids there are tons of great aspects to this. What kid would not dig going to a cemetery at night and lighting candles on gravestones? Well that is still done.

I do have hopes that the latest immigration wave from Mexico might help us reclaim these tradition more. As perhaps Bush would say "They are doing the jobs we native born Catholics refuse to do".


I thought Vox Nova and Radical Catholic Mom had a nice post here at How to Celebrate All Saints/All Souls in the Home.

No comments: