Friday, March 6, 2009

IowaHawk Strikes Again- T. Coddington Van Voorhees VII Returns and attacks Jindal

One of the best pieces of election satire last year was by Iowa Hawk and his piece As a Conservative, I Must Say I Do Quite Like the Cut of this Obama Fellow's Jib

It is making fun of all those conservatives that endorsed Obama (many of whom are now having public regrets) It is a spoof on the son of William F Buckly, David Brooks, and Peggy Noonan, etc.

My favorite part was:

But it's not just American conservatives who are appalled. Just last week conservative New York Times columnist David Brooks and I were enjoying an apres-badminton apertif at the family weekend house in Montauk with my good friend Viscount Klaus-Maria Von Wallensheim, the conservative EU Agricultural Pricing Minister with whom I shared an Alpine chalet and manservant during our years as classmates at a Swiss boarding school. "Kloonkie" (my old school appellation for the Viscount) reported the growing dismay of the Continental Right over Palin's embarrassing enthusiasm for childbirth and Israel.
"Coddsie, old chap," he warned, "You know I've always been America's biggest defender in Monaco. But if you elect this ill-bred charwoman, I will be forced to move anchor to St. Tropez out of pure shame."
David and I were left nodding silently, for how else could we respond? If Palin has lost Kloonkie, she has surely lost the entire conservative movement
.

He has returned to amke sure the Conservative Republican Obama voters don't lose hope. See his new piece I Daresay It Is Time We Deal With the Mutineers Aboard the S.S. Conservatism

Louisiana readers will enjoy this part:

As for this Jindal fellow, who quite knows what to think? In the more colorful days of my youth I took quite a shine to the mystics of the East Indies, not to mention that culture's astonishingly encyclopedic catalogues of sexual positions.

As teenagers in 1968, my chalet mate Kloonkie Von Wallensheim and I took a sabbatical from our studies at Swiss finishing school for a stint at a Punjabi ashram, to learn Accidental Transgression or similar hippie era hooey from Yogi Rama Booboo, or somesuch fakir who now fades from memory; although, I recall now in my maturity that was mostly a flimsy excuse we concocted to our manservants for the chance to indulge in hallucinogenic benders with John, Paul, George and Ringo.

As a result I have a special fondness for the subcontinent, and so was understandably intrigued when I first heard about this young Hindu chap on the hustings in Louisiana. It has long been my conviction that conservatives need to reach out to the duskier demographics, and so I was eager to see how he incorporated sitars and the Bhaghavad Gita into his State of the Union response.

But then I heard the fellow open his mouth and let forth a non-stop torrent of the very same tired, twangy trailer park taxophobia that placed the GOP into its current predicament; y'all this, and it's yore munny that, more redolent of some ghastly hillbilly bar-bee-cue stewpot than the exotically intoxicating curries and saffrons I was led to expect.

Where were the hypnotic entreaties to Krishna? Shiva? Ganesh? The appeals to Universal consciousness and the Bramin castes? Nowhere, I'm afraid, just the same old hackneyed hayseed Hayekian Hee Haw delivered by a man who obviously hasn't the slightest clue how to leverage a pigmentation advantage.

The deluded lad has ignited his birthright on a pyre, sent it down the Ganges, and reincarnated himself as just another Bayou Babbitt. One need only look at the blandly average ethnic composition of his audiences to realize that, as an effective parry to the Democrats' brilliant racial strategems, Mr. Jindal is most certainly a bust.

Great stuff

2 comments:

Carlos Echevarria said...

How is Jindal holding up locally in Louisiana? what are his approval numbers?

How is the economy in NO? LA in general??? I have been looking at possibilites in NO, I have family in Lafayette, but i prefer the Big Easy!!!

James H said...

JIndal has good ratings and is generally like

THe economy well it is not great but it depends where you are. A lot of plants are closing but these plants were in danger dor some time

I think things are going well around Lafayette and New Orelans is coming back. There are opportunities there